Tuesday, June 2, 2015

My Grand Debute/A Retrospect On Batman:The Animated Series

So if you're reading this, you've stumble upon my blog where I'll pretty much post movie and television reviews at my own discretion. A little bit about me. My name is Anthony. I'm 22 years old, and film became an active interest to me when I was 16 years old and saw City of God for the first time. I started seeking films of all sorts. Different genres, different countries, different eras. Now I'm in school, I have to be writing a lot of papers, so in order to get better at that, I decided to write about what I know about, which is film and television. And since my interest in film began, my knowledge of film has only expanded and my taste has only matured, and I don't mean just appreciating more mature films. So I figured if I'm going to be organizing my opinions in writing, I might as well publish it for the world to witness and disagree with.

So how should I start this blog? Just review something current? I may do current movie reviews here or there, but I mostly plan to review... well, whatever I feel like. Whether I look at a films or televisions shows connected by filmmaker, actor, film series, studio, genre, era, thematic element or whatever common factor connects them. Well recently, knowing somebody who's a librarian, I've been reading a lot of Batman comics sort of obsessively. I kinda watched the Batman movies by Burton and Schumacher when I was really young, and I fondly remember seeing Batman Begins when I was 12, but the Dark Knight came out when I was 15, shortly before my interest in film really became possessive of me, and being one of the major films that led to my active interest in films, I also decided to check out other Batman properties, including the incredible Batman: The Animated Series. If the Dark Knight triggered my Batman obsession, Batman: The Animated Series is where I really began to appreciate the mythology. And it also made me take in interest in cartoons. I love cartoons, and Batman taught me how sophisticated and adult a cartoon could really be. So now that I'm older, more learned and opinionated of storytelling and having read a lot more of the comics, I've decided to analyze each episode of the animated series, and inspect each storytelling element and how it adapts the comics it is based on.

No comments:

Post a Comment